Chingari is the fastest-growing Web3 Social media app powered by GARI to empower video content creators worldwide with blockchain. Taking a step forward, we would like to welcome participants in the biggest blockchain-based creator ecosystem by airdropping a huge sum of 50,000,000 $GARI tokens to users who complete simple social tasks.
To become eligible for Airdrop users must meet the below conditions:
- Activate wallet in Chingari app.
- Complete KYC in the Chingari app.
- Complete Social and Engagement Task
How to Activate Wallets in Chingari App?
To activate the GARI wallet account in Chingari App, the below steps needs to be followed:
- Download the latest version of the Chingari app from the play store or app store.
- Press Wallet Icon in the bottom menu.
- Press Activate Wallet Button.
- Enter preferred 6 Digit Security Pin.
- Setup security answers which will be used to reset pin, if forgotten.
- The wallet will get activated and it will start displaying GARI balance with the current price in INR.
How to Complete KYC in Chingari App?
One needs to have the below information ready to complete KYC:
- Phone Number
- Aadhar Number
- Pan Number
Note: KYC is currently enabled for Indian users.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete KYC in the Chingari app:
- Click on the Complete KYC button on the Wallet Screen.
- If the account used to log in is using Google or Apple sign-in method, one needs to verify their mobile number to move forward. Make sure this phone number is not used in any other Chingari Account.
- Once the mobile number is verified, in the next step enter the aadhar number and enter OTP received from UIDAI to verify the aadhar. Make sure this aadhar number is not used in any other Chingari Account.
- Aadhar information pulled from submitted aadhar details will be shown in the next screen, click Continue if all information is correct.
- In the next screen, Enter the full name and pan number, make sure the full name entered matches the name as per the pan card. Pan information will be pulled from and displayed on the next screen. Continue if all information is correct. Make sure this pan number is not used in any other Chingari Account.
- Once all information is verified, a successful KYC screen will be displayed with a number of eligible Airdrop tokens.
- Allotted airdrop tokens can also be seen under reserved tokens.
How to Complete Social and Engagement Tasks?
1.For users who participated in Telegram Airdrop Contest:
Users who participated in telegram contests earlier do not need to complete any new tasks, they will be distributed tokens based on their task completion status, as well as Bonus tokens will be distributed to the top 1000 referrers. However, they need to activate their Chingari Wallet and complete KYC on or before the 28th of February 2022.
2.For users who did not participate in Telegram Airdrop Contest but activated wallet and completed KYC:
All new users who missed Telegram Airdrop Contest can still participate and get Gari Airdrops by completing Engagement Task.
- On Successful KYC, 50 GARI tokens will be allotted as Reserved tokens.
- Allotted tokens will be distributed as per the vesting schedule described below
- For each vesting cliff, one needs to watch videos for 15 minutes/day for 5 out of 7 days of vesting cliff. For example: If the last vesting happened on 8th Feb 2022, then between 8th Feb-14th Feb, one needs to watch videos for 15 minutes/day on 5 days out of 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th day of Feb.
- On Vesting day, if someone has completed engagement for that vesting week, the claim button will be enabled.
- Once claimed tokens will be transferred over the blockchain in Chingari Wallet within the next 48 hours.
- If someone fails to complete an engagement task for any specific vesting week, their tokens will be removed from Reserved Allocation and moved back to the Airdrop pool.
How does Airdrops Vesting Will happen?
The vesting of the tokens will be done in 25 weeks (~6 Months). Starting from day of KYC, every week 4% of the airdropped tokens will be sent onchain to their GARI wallet.
Example: For user A who has completed KYC on 1st February 2022, the below table explains their vesting schedule:
How to claim Airdrops?
To claim Airdrop tokens users will need to perform the below activity:
- Login to Chingari App (Make sure to log in to an account which has received GARI Airdrop).
- Watch videos for 15 minutes a day(Time is calculated based on actual watch time against all videos watched that day). The day starts at 0:00 UTC and ends at 23:59 UTC
- Perform this activity 5 times a week (Between your last vesting day to the next vesting day).
- On vesting day, if the activity has been completed 5 times in the previous week, tokens for the week will move to unvested tokens and the claim button will be enabled on the Airdrop Schedule page, once claimed tokens will be transferred to Chingari Wallet over blockchain within the next 24 hours and the number of tokens will be moved to vested tokens from unvested.
What Are Vested, Unvested, and Reserved Tokens?
- Vested Tokens: Part of the total Airdrop which has been unlocked and transferred to the wallet.
- Unvested Tokens: These are a part of reserved tokens which are pending vesting.
- Reserved tokens: These are the total number of tokens reserved as an airdrop.
How many users will get Airdrop Tokens?
We welcome everyone to the ecosystem and want to distribute airdrop tokens to as many participants as possible. But since we have a limited supply of tokens available, airdrop tokens will be rewarded on a first come first serve basis, users who get their wallet activated and complete their KYC first will become eligible as long as we have tokens available in Airdrop Pool. Users who will have reserved tokens but fail to complete an engagement task in any specific week, their tokens get moved from their reserved tokens to Airdrop Pool, which will then be transferred to the next eligible participants as per the KYC list.